Wednesday 17 December 2014

Its beginning to feel alot like...

The British Rental Kart Championship 2015 event is now only one month away, and the excitement is building ahead of the big weekend in January! Already drivers local to the circuit are getting in essential practice time, competing in Formula Fast's Adult Championship, with the intention of familiarising themselves as much as possible with the karts & circuit ahead of the event.

Of course, it will count for little when all the drivers converge on the circuit on January 16th. Until everybody is driving the same track at the same time, at (roughly) the same weight, only then will we see favourites emerge. It is unlikely for a newcomer to hit the front straight away, but you can never discount those drivers who may have had success elsewhere from making an impact.

I'm glad to be going along to the event with some of my race buddies from Teamsport Bristol, namely Oliver Bayani, Dan Healey (who made the semi-finals last year) Mike 'Dutch' Westhoff & Rob Allison- all if whom I'm sure will enjoy the experience as I did competing last year.

Unfortunately it's looking less likely that I will be able to get along to the circuit before January, but I'm preparing as best as I can by watching as many onboard videos as possible, trying to improve my general fitness, going over the events of last year & of course, karting as much as possible! Dutch, Rob & myself will be teaming up for a 'weighted' challenge at Teamsport in a couple of weeks, competing against the likes of Olly, Krystian & Zac in an event aimed to disprove (or prove) that weight advantages equate to faster lap times on an idiot circuit. I'm very much looking forward to this race & also spending some time with the guys who I'll be competing with at Formulas Fast in January.

I'm also hoping to fit in a trip to the Autosport International show, which takes place a week before the BRKC- nothing like seeing some stars & cars to get revved up for an event!

This year, I'm hoping to bring you all updates during the BRKC itself, as well as full results afterwards. With any luck, this year I'll achieve my goal of making the semi-finals after missing out by one place last time around. As I said a while ago, I have unfinished business at Formula Fast..

Until next time,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment